Sunday, April 4, 2010

Agent Double Oh Yeah!

OK, I really have to hand it to my dad, he knows his stuff when it comes to campy super-spies. I grew up watching James Bond movie marathons, Get Smart, and Mission Impossible (the TV show, of course). There was more cheese in those shows than in the entire state of Wisconsin, and I loved every minute of it. I still do. Thanks Dad! I learned a great deal from those shows. If ever I need to make a garrote out of my nylons, I got it covered. As far as I am concerned, all cars should come standard with a champagne dispenser in the glove box, and matching ejector seats. Gadgets and a good mixology handbook can get anyone through even the worst of scrapes, and provide some really great popcorn entertainment to boot. Which brings me to one of my new favorite little vices, the FX network show Archer.

For those of you who haven't seen it, Archer is an animated, R rated, unbelievably hilarious spy spoof series that balances witty wordplay with devilish plots, making each episode my new favorite guilty pleasure. The comedic style of Archer certainly won't appeal to everyone, particularly anyone that still watches reruns of the Lawrence Welk show, but it does have its own naughty little charm. I encourage anyone who has ever lusted after a Bond Girl, or more than one incarnation of Bond himself, to check it out. For those of us that have lusted after both, (What? Some of those Bond girls were hawt!) then this may be just the Martini the doctor ordered...

No comments:

Post a Comment